I Belong

Lying in the grass, gazing at the azure blue sky, swirled with white. Wondering what it might be like to be free. Wondering...always wondering. I cherish these moments...when my child mind can float away. Settling down in the grass, feeling the small green stems gently tickling my back and arms as an occasional ant crawls across my leg. The simplicity of the moment captures my mind. Closing my eyes, the warmth of the afternoon sun penetrates deep into my soul. Almost as if God's strong but tender hands are lovingly surrounding my heart with His protection. His gentle whisper in the breeze assures me of His presence. In these moments I feel part of creation, like I belong. To anyone walking by, I am a happy girl pining away a summer day. To me it is a piece of heaven, welcomed and loved by the hug of the grass and the touch of God's hand on my heart. Looking back, these moments saved me. God kept a little piece of my heart and blew hope into it. Thank You Lord for knowing me and loving me even when no one else would.

Lonely, empty, lying there.
Staring into open air,
Breeze gently blowing through my hair,
My heart longing to share.

God hears my cry and settles down
right beside me on the ground
Drawing close, His arms surround.
Tender love abounds.

He whispers sweetness in my ears
Calming all my childhood fears
Collecting from my eye's the tears
That have been locked away for years.

Feeling God right next to me,
My loneliness begins to flee
My life in Him has set me free
Because I belong to Him you see.

He gives me strength to carry on
Builds me up till doubt is gone
In the darkest night He brings the dawn
Turning this ugly duckling into a lovely swan.

Comments