From a Crack In The Sidewalk

Landing in a crack in the sidewalk

Nestled between two concrete walls

Thirsty for some water

To help me grow strong and tall.


Waiting, rather lonely

Wondering when it will arrive,

The wet of rain I've longed for

To make my rise up towards the sky.


Above, the sun is beating down

Feet trample over me

No one sees this little seed

Just waiting for it's need.


One day the sky grew black.

The clouds poured forth their tears

I was there to catch them,

After waiting for what seemed years.


Something began to happen

My insides started to change

The shell that kept me safe

Started feeling strange.


It could no longer hold me.

I was busting out.

I grasped for something to hold on to.

And found a hole in the sidewalks grout.


My roots grew deep beyond the concrete,

And once they were secure

My dream began to happen.

Skyward I began to soar.


It was a slow process.

Nothing much to see.

Until the day of blooming,

That's when they noticed me.


Everyone that passed by

Marveled at the sight

Of this flower in the sidewalk crack

Proudly blooming bright.
























































Comments