Forge Ahead


The last post I wrote was entitled "Don't Hold Back" It was basically about being afraid to give your all for God. Well, since I wrote that post I had an experience with my good friend when we met for lunch. This is a simple story, but I am telling it to make a point.

This post also deals with fear. Not the holding back kind of fear, but the leaving your comfort zone kind of fear.
Why is it that 2 grown women fear walking into a crowded restaurant? Oh, we walked in(to the lobby) where we both looked at each other and as if we could read each others minds we turned around and walked out. At that time we both had to laugh at our insecurity. But the reality is...there is something in us holding us captive. It's the F word (fear) I know it is...and now I am determined that the next time we meet for lunch that we are going to conquer our fear no matter what!

I know this sounds really silly...but how many times during the course of our lives do we let these fearful insecurities rule us? Afraid to try new things, afraid we'll look foolish or strange? Well I am saying NO MORE! We are daughters of the King...(Romans 8:17 "Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.") Yes, God is our father and our identity is defined by Him...since that is the case...We are royalty...princesses, certainly able to walk into a crowded restaurant with confidence!

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

Lord, Help us to always remember who we are and whose we are. In You there is nothing to fear, Your word tells us over and over "do not fear do not be afraid" I thank You Lord that in You we can be bold, we are more than conquerors(even if it's only conquering the fear of eating at a crowded reataurant) May we forge ahead in confidence with You dear Lord. I thank You and Praise You. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Comments