How About You?



I am very much like the prodigal son, in that God, my Father saw me, while I was yet far off. He saw me there and He dropped what He was doing, ran to me, wrapped His arms around me and welcomed me with such undeserved joy and celebration...His unconditional love and compassion for me tore at my heart, at that moment i knew, there was NOTHING that could ever separate me from my Fathers love.

God works it all out for good when we accept the gift of His unconditional and compassionate love and grace, receiving it even though we don't deserve it. The realization of this lavish love melts the pride in our hearts causing humble repentance. When we can see our brokenness and helplessness and complete need for God, then He can bring us to the place of restoration that He so desires for each one of us. Putting Him first and loving Him most becomes then, something we really want to do rather than something we feel we have to do.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, whoever believes in Him will not perish, but will have life eternal...(John 3:16)

I am learning and yearning to look at myself through the eye's of the prodigal's Father...I can easily relate to the prodigal son and the prodigal's brother...but it's really all about the love of the Father. My Father. Our Father

Jesus is an awesome teacher and the best mentor we could ever have!

Open His book, take a look, the truth found there will set us free, from all the lies that we believe.

Comments

John Laube said…
Hey Mary! Nice post! So if your interested check out some of the new features our church site will have here Our Blogging site is coming soon! I was wondering if you where still interested in putting some post. Also comment back either on the church fan page or whatever on what you think about some of the new features that will come out!