Stumbling Blocks To Stepping Stones



Obstacles, stumbling blocks, pitfalls appear
Seemingly out of nowhere, instilling great fear.
Will we clear them, or fear them?
Will they cause us to fall?
Can we maneuver around them?
Avoiding their call?

Blind sided, hidden, strategically placed,
These holes in the road of life must be faced.
Will we keep to ourselves or take hold of God's grace?
Will we stay in the pit, wrought with worry and shame.
Or let God's hand lift us
Back into the game?

Obstacles, stumbling blocks, pitfalls and such,
Can turn into stepping stones, used as a crutch.
To aid in the climb from the pit we are in
Helping to lead us away from our sin.
God sent His Son, Jesus to give us a lift,
Out of darkness to light, with His ultimate gift.





Isaiah 49:11 I will turn all my mountains into roads, and my highways will be raised up.

Isaiah 57:14 [ Comfort for the Contrite ] And it will be said: "Build up, build up, prepare the road! Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people."

John 16:33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."


Comments

Ed Newman said…
Good message, well done.
e.