Eyes On Jesus


"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus,the author and perfecter of our faith, Who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning it's shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:1–3

How do I throw off that which hinders?
When it clings to me like glue?
When the sin that easily entangles
Masquerades as what is true?

How do I run with perseverance,
The race marked out for me?
Fixing my eyes on Jesus,
Is the only solution I can see.

When my eyes are focused on the Son,
And my mind is set on Him.
The perfect faith that Jesus authored,
Lives in me and chases sin.

For the joy of my salvation
He endured the suffering of the cross,
Scorned it's shame and took His place,
At the right hand of God, The Boss.

I think of Him, and what He did
To free me from my chains,
Just so I would not lose heart
Or grow weary in my pains.

How can You love me that much Jesus?
The sinner that I am.
That you would shed your blood for me
As a sacrificial lamb?

I surely don't deserve this gift
But accept it gratefully.
Humbly I receive Your grace
And my faith is set on thee.








Comments