A New Years Eve Prayer


 Morning thoughts on this last day of 2023, wishing all a happy safe New Years Eve and so much of Gods blessings in the year to come…


I don’t know the number of my days

I do know I am here now

Alive, breathing, thinking, moving,

Heart beating

Soul feeling

Heavy and light

All at the same time.

This year is ending

A new one beginning

Goodbyes and hellos

A look behind 

While moving forward.

Rarely is anything 

As what it seems

I can only see glimpses

Into others lives

Understanding this,

I resolve to be kind.

I wish to make my days count

For the Lord has been gracious

His gift of life precious

I don’t want to waste it.

My prayer for all

Stepping into this day

Is embracing God’s present

Of life in His presence 

And sharing the joy that this brings

With all those around us

To touch them with His love

And enter into this worlds sufferings

As God’s ambassadors

Carrying hope, light, and peace

Bringing glory to God’s Holy Name

Amen

Comments