God Knows Best


Ever feel like your always struggling to stay atop the mountain high?
Or treading water in a stormy sea that threatens to drown the harder you try?
Do you fight to keep your chin up, as worries fill your head?
Relying on your own strength to chase away the dread?
Is your energy depleted from your crazy hectic pace?
Has your constant busyness drained the smile from your face?
Does it seem that all the world has taken aim on you?
And every way you turn there is a wall you crash into?

"Well, I have a little secret. You're right where you ought to be.
I, your God, knows what's best for you, and that's learning to rely on Me.
So when you find that life is weighing heavy on your mind.
I want you to switch channels, I will help you to unwind.
Sit in My holy recliner, lean back on Me and relax.
Trust Me to be in control, and I'll pick up the slack.
You no longer have to struggle, I will bring you rest
As you follow in My footsteps, knowing I, your God, knows best."

Comments