Pushing Through...




Yesterday I spotted this heart embedded in the still hard ground, and got to see glimpses of new life and growth emerging, it made my heart happy, but at the same time reminded me of the painful pushing through. Perhaps because of lent, or maybe because of learning about courage this year, it struck me that pain and struggle always seem to accompany life, growth, joy, and freedom. These bulbs had to leave their dark warm place and push thru the cold hard ground towards the light, in order to become the beautiful flowers they are made to be... Babies have to leave the only place they’ve ever known(their comfort zone) and push thru the birth canal so they can be free to grow to become who God made them to be....there are so many examples all throughout life, of this painful pushing through...Then I thought of Jesus. Oh, the pain and torture he suffered, endured and bore for me, for us, for all humanity, so that we could live, grow, thrive, fully alive in Him...set free. Thank You Jesus, for pushing through the pain of sin and death for me, help me live my best life for you for all eternity. Amen.

We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. ~ Hebrews 12:2


Comments