God's Way


Walking hand in hand with God is my hearts cry. I want to be so completely immersed in Him. I want to feel his presence next to me, as I do walking with a friend. I want His guidance and direction in all things. I want to hear everything He has to say to me, learn all his ways, grow to become just like Him in character. With every task I do, hurdle I leap, trial I go through, and trail I blaze, I want to do it in a way that points to Him.

Psalm 119:27 Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders.

I've been thinking a lot about what it means to be a Christian. It's not just a statement. Being a Christian is a lifestyle, it means being set apart and setting Jesus Christ apart as Lord and savior over my life. It means I follow Christ, walking in His footsteps. (I have this image in my mind of child walking behind a parent, trying to step in each footprint their parent has made.) Being a Christian is an active living daily choice I make to live as Jesus did, considering His ways in every decision I make. Placing all my faith in God, giving Him first place in my life. God's word breathes direction and wisdom and understanding over my days.

I pray, just as the Psalmist prayed, Lord, let me understand the teaching of your precepts, that I may keep step with you as I walk through this life; and let me meditate on Your wonders, never forgetting or taking for granted, that in Your power I will be able to stand, till we are walking hand in hand together for all eternity. Amen

Comments