HAND in HAND with GOD...WE CAN HELP END HUMAN TRAFFICKING + SLAVERY

HAND in HAND with GOD...WE CAN HELP END HUMAN TRAFFICKING + SLAVERY
Order your copy today!(all profits from sale of the book go to the International Justice Mission(www.ijm.org) Click the book!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

God's Way


Walking hand in hand with God is my hearts cry. I want to be so completely immersed in Him. I want to feel his presence next to me, as I do walking with a friend. I want His guidance and direction in all things. I want to hear everything He has to say to me, learn all his ways, grow to become just like Him in character. With every task I do, hurdle I leap, trial I go through, and trail I blaze, I want to do it in a way that points to Him.

Psalm 119:27 Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders.

I've been thinking a lot about what it means to be a Christian. It's not just a statement. Being a Christian is a lifestyle, it means being set apart and setting Jesus Christ apart as Lord and savior over my life. It means I follow Christ, walking in His footsteps. (I have this image in my mind of child walking behind a parent, trying to step in each footprint their parent has made.) Being a Christian is an active living daily choice I make to live as Jesus did, considering His ways in every decision I make. Placing all my faith in God, giving Him first place in my life. God's word breathes direction and wisdom and understanding over my days.

I pray, just as the Psalmist prayed, Lord, let me understand the teaching of your precepts, that I may keep step with you as I walk through this life; and let me meditate on Your wonders, never forgetting or taking for granted, that in Your power I will be able to stand, till we are walking hand in hand together for all eternity. Amen

No comments: