Stop...Have You Taken Time With God Today?



"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7


Waiting on the Lord
Pondering His word
Delighting in His way
Praying through the day
Humbled by what He has to say.

Resting in His hands
He eases life's demands
Comforting my pain
Peace and joy exclaimed
Shining sunbeams through the rain.

Showered by His grace
Puts a smile on my face
Praise to Him I sing
My heart to Him I bring
Giving to Him thanks in everything.


I have a tendency to lose perspective of what is important in my life, getting caught up in doing things, an endless string of activity fills my days. All the "things I do" seem important, worthwhile and more often than not, provide a need for someone. My goal is to serve God, this is why I live. But some times in the serving, I get carried away. I find myself stressed out, my eyes lose focus on why I'm doing what I'm doing, and I find myself running from one thing to the next without much thought of Gods will in it, my eyes just focus on getting it done. The peace, joy, and contentment have drained away and in those times... God starts knocking at my heart. I've lost perspective..."doing" has taken the place of "being" and abiding in Him. I forget Jesus command in Mark 6:31, where after a long period of serving along with His disciples says: "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."

Our society puts so much emphasis on productivity, in society our productivity defines us, our value, our worth. It is so easy to get drawn into this mindset, but God says NO...Our life with Him is not based on productivity at all, but in trust, believing, and obedience to His word. Time spent in quiet rest with Him is a huge part of serving God. This is where we come to know God's desires, He reveals the direction He wants us to take, He restores us and strengthens us to continue in His way. Remember to take time with the Lord, it is by far the most productive thing we can "DO"

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Comments

John Luke said…
True... I like that...