We Are Family

I am praising God for His grace and mercy, wonderful friends, and the gift of children. This has been one eventful week so far...Steven's life was saved, Chris enrolled in college and as of April 10th will be off probation FOR GOOD! He also recently got a job working for the very same drug and alcohol rehab the he, himself went through, Jon applied for college, and Zachary brought home 2 excellent grades on tests! In our time of crisis all three boys rallied with us for their brother, and I am very proud to be their mother. Though Jon is very angry.(and rightly so) He also is the first one to jump in and help. I am blessed beyond measure with my boys. I love and appreciate them and want them to know it!

Our worth is not measured by material successes or possessions but rather by the successes of the heart and those characters of God possessed with in it. It is so easy to be sucked into focusing our problems, but where does that lead? Unfortunately only to more problems. When we focus on the promises of God however, we have hope; because God is all good and when we choose to believe what He says we can approach His throne of grace with confidence and know that His grace over our lives abound.

So many times we look to God for the things He can do for us, but we so often forget to ask what we can do for Him. When you really think about it, God was not created for us, but we for Him. As I went through the painstaking possibility of once again losing my son, it hit me, God loves him so much more than I ever could. God has a plan and purpose for his life, and God will use this for His glory somehow. So what is my role here? I want to glorify God with my reactions. I heard God's voice say trust Me. I serve the God who has put the planets, stars and moon in place, created mountains, land, and sea. He fashioned each human being, with unique and intricate detail. Knowing this, how could I NOT trust Him? God holds the universe, our world, and each one of us lovingly in the palm of His hands, he always has our best interests in mind.

All who belong to God are family, family sticks together, and I am forever grateful to be part of it!

Comments