Cultivating A Grateful Heart


 Just some thoughts triggered by these hearts I discovered as I was planting a flower yesterday...

An antidote to complaining is to cultivate a grateful heart. When my mind focuses on the things I am thankful for rather than that which I don't have, it prevents those complaints from overtaking my heart and leaking out from my mouth to others. Negativity breeds negativity.

(Check out the story of the Isrealites in Numbers 21:4-9) Rather than complain and grumble, God wants me to remember Him, take my troubles and complaints to Him, and trust Him, that He will make a way through whatever lies ahead. In the mean time, I will think about, thank, and praise Him for who He is and all He has done already. God knows the struggle is real. He is faithful to help me root out anything that would separate my heart from His. ❤️

Lord, help me grow a grateful heart, 

turn my grumbling back to praise. 

For when my heart is fixed on You, 

there’s no room for complaints.

I thank You and I trust You 

To lead me through each day

In Your sovereign hands I place myself

And there I choose to stay.

Amen

Comments