Student Frame of Mind

 

Life is full of curiosities,

Stories to hear,

Wonders to see.

I’ll never stop learning.

I’ll never stop growing.

God is the teacher.

I am the student.

As long as I breathe

I’ll have something to learn,

And each time I do

It will help me discern…

What I will do,

Which way I will go,

How to respond,

What seeds I will sow.

It helps to build character

Wisdom and strength.

Learning stretches and shapes

The person I am.

I must be careful, though,

Of those pitfalls and snares.

For what I put in my mind

Is what will grow there.

It is my choice

What I’ll allow to take root

And when to dig out

Those things that no longer suit.

My mind is mine

I control what I’ll nurture

Truth is my goal

Lies, hit the road!

There’s no room for them in my future.

Comments