Dis-appointment Turned Divine Appointment

A heart reflection...
Yesterday, something I was waiting a long time for came, but NOT as I was expecting, or hoped for, or wanted! I felt sad, disappointed, deceived, even angry.
As I was walking last night, trying to process this perceived loss, I spotted this heart.
I had walked by this tree many times before, not noticing it, but last night my eyes were drawn to it. My Jesus, reminding me of His presence, and also how easily misunderstandings and disappointments can go horribly wrong, if I can’t let go of my own disappointments and look at them thru the lens of Gods love for me and His creation.
A perfect example of this,  is His entrance into this world, and His triumphal entry into Jerusalem, where crowds gathered to welcome Him shouting:
Hosanna!
Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord – the King of Israel!
Only a king would be greeted this way (2 Kings 9:13), and the people wanted Jesus to be their king.
Most of the people did not understand what kind of king Jesus would be. They expected their long awaited Messiah to be a great political and military leader who would free them from the tyranny of the Roman Empire. But the kingdom of God is not of this world. It is a spiritual kingdom that is now growing in the hearts of people who put their faith and trust in God.
Jesus was totally misunderstood and the disappointment of the people could be felt.
I thought back to my disappointment, perhaps there was a different way to look at it. Yes, it was a loss of something I wanted to happen, but the gain of meeting Jesus in my loss at that moment, far exceeded my original expectation. The desires and expectations of our hearts can be good things, but they should never become the best thing. That spot is reserved for Jesus, in His presence and perspective is where true life and freedom is found. We may never fully understand, but can rest assured, God has it under control and held securely in His hands.
“Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.” 1 Corinthians 13:12

Comments