The Finishing

Oh my heart. This is an imprint of my Granddaughter’s hand in a clay heart, from a project we started but never finished. Today, I decided to finish it, as I am missing both of my grand-babies so very much in this time of isolation. I wanted to paint it to reflect the way I see her, a big bold beautiful bundle of color. A light in my life, a joy to all who know her. The joy she brings to my heart is immense. This whole idea got me thinking of God, and how much greater His love is for us. How He leaves His own imprint on our hearts at the moment of our creation, and never leaves us unfinished, but keeps working His color and character into us according to how HE sees us. I am thankful for God’s view of us. And when we isolate from Him, He truly misses us too. Thankfully He is completely immune from COVID-19. We never need to fear coming to Him! ❤️

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. 
~Philippians 1:6

Comments