I Almost Forgot To Pack The Most Important Thing!

Readying myself to head for the Jersey Shore for a couple of days. Packing my bags, making sure I don't forget anything. Taking great care folding my clothes, and double checking that I've remembered the camera, a book, the GPS, the cellphone and charger, toll $, suntan lotion and the like. My mind has been busy and focused on this task, the preparations, and the beautiful prize that awaits me in a couple of hours, when I am finally sitting in the warm sand watching the waves roll in. Somewhere in the middle of all theses preparations, Jesus popped in my head. His name and face were there. A gentle reminder. I stopped my scurrying around and thought for a moment. I've forgotten surely the most important thing. I forgot to invite my best friend.

If only I would take as much time and care in preparing for my eternal destination. Checking and double checking, taking care to remember why I am able to go there in the first place. Jesus should be the first thing in my mind every day in all circumstances, but I so often get swept away in mundane temporal things and useless details of this world, that I have forgotten Him.

Lord, please forgive me. I want you to be first in my life. I want to focus on preparing for my trip home to You. I am sorry for sometimes forgetting you and letting the things of this world get in the way. I don't need material things to follow You Lord. When You called Your disciples, You asked them to leave behind what they were doing to come follow You. So Lord Jesus, before I go any further I want to invite You along. I want to thank You for Your friendship, and for making my eternal destination possible. I love You with all my heart, help me to extend this love to others that I meet today. Come along with me Jesus, I can't wait to share You with everyone I meet while we're away. Jesus, in Your name I pray, Amen

Comments