Our Deepest Fear

I read this poem by Marianne Williamson this morning and it really made me think. We are sometimes our own worst road block to living life to our fullest potential. For me It's fear of failure, if I become the best me I can be I am sure to fail and disappoint so its more comfortable for me to settle for mediocracy. The only problem is, is that there is always this little nagging voice inside that knows I can do better. It's as if I am being pulled like a tug-o-war one side is fear and the other is freedom. Why is it so difficult to let go of our fear and let freedom win.
God wants only the best for us. He takes us through valleys, and deserts sometimes to get us there but He does it to show us that in Him there is nothing to fear.
I hope you enjoy the poem and it's message helps you on your journey to be the best you you can be, for the Glory of God!


OUR DEEPEST FEAR
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that iswithin us.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciouslygive other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comments