Rainbows

A friend of mine wrote a poem about Rainbows. It got me thinking. God first placed the rainbow as a promise to Noah after the great flood, that He would never destroy the earth in that manner again(Genesis 9:13) God himself said" every time I place a rainbow in the sky it will be a reminder of that covenant."

Where I live, every time it rains and the sun peeks through those clouds, I can see a big beautiful rainbow(sometimes a double one) when I look out my picture window or stand in my front yard. How symbolic that is, that the rainbow(Gods promise) comes when the sun (God/hope) peeks through the storm clouds(our trials). What a creative God we have!

Lord, I thank You for the symbolism that a rainbow represents and for the fact that You have thought of every detail, have set them in place and rejoice when we, Your children discover them. I praise You and Love You. Lord, I pray that we remember the promises set forth in Your word, run to Your first, instead of as a last resort, and lay our trials at Your feet. Lord, I want to run through those rainbows...right into Your strong and loving arms! In Jesus name...Amen

Comments