Summer Days

As I sit in front of this keyboard and ponder what to write, my mind goes to summer days of long ago. Lying in the grass, looking up at the blue sky, swirled with white. Wondering what it might be like to be free. Wondering...always wondering. I cherished those moments...when my mind could float away. Settling down in the grass, feeling the small green stems gently tickling my back and arms, an occasional ant crawling across my leg, the simplicity of the moment captured in time in my mind. Closing my eyes, I could feel the warmth of the afternoon sun penatrating deep into my very soul. Almost as if God's strong but tender hands were lovingly surrounding my heart with His protection. The gentle breeze of His whisper assured me He was there. In these moments I felt part of creation, like I belonged. To anyone walking by, I was a happy little girl pining away a summer day. To me it was heaven. I was welcomed and I was loved by the hug of the grass and the touch of my God. Looking back, it was those moments that saved me. God kept a little piece of my heart and blew hope into it. Thank You Lord for knowing me and loving me even when no one else would.

Comments