Digging Deeper


I'm digging. I am tired of walking on the surface of life, of love, of feelings, and in relationships. I want to know and experience that deep gut level love in all areas of my life. I feel like I'm missing out on the diamonds of life when I stick to the surface, The most beautiful treasures are found by chiseling away the rock, shoveling out the dirt and shining and polishing them to sparkling clean. that's what I want from life. I want to dig out that deep love for Christ and others. I want to know their hearts, I want to find the jewels in every experience set before me, and take each one as a precious dig. No more passing them by because the effort to get to them looks too hard. The reward is in the effort.

How do I do this is the question? Well using Jesus as my shovel, my chisel, and my strength I know I can get to the treasure.

Digging for the heart of Jesus is my first priority, to know his heart, His ways, His wisdom, His love is what makes digging for the other things important. Because He loves deeply I want to too! Because he savors experiences I want to too! Because he wants to know each one of us, I want to too! He is not only my shovel and chisel in the digging He is also my treasure, giving way to a whole chest of treasure waiting just for me to discover.

Jesus is our ultimate treasure, our hearts are His. He lives in each one of us, when we ask Him in. So within each person lies the ultimate most beautiful shining treasure, ours to share if we only choose to begin to dig.

Comments