Lay It All Down

Life can easily become overwhelming and sometimes we so easily forget that God has thought of this fact and created a place of refuge for us. It is ours for the asking. But so often we neglect to take the time to sit at His feet and lay all our burdens down. Instead we try to take all of life's pressures on our own shoulders.... and we all know where that gets us!!! Stressed!!!!



Lay It All Down

The foot of the cross is the place to be

When life's burdens weigh too heavily.

God gave us this place to lay it all down

Releasing our pressures on holy ground.

Instead of succumbing to life demands

Let us be led by His command.

Come to me all who are weary and tired.

Rest I will give when you're feeling expired.

Your yoke is heavy My burden is light.

I will guide you through the dark of night.

Let me cast all of your fears aside,

Sit at my feet, there you'll safely abide.

He holds us securely in the palm of His hand,

In His refuge we can firmly stand.

There is victory living our lives for Him.

When we surrender control and let Him in.


Matthew 11:29-30 (New International Version)
29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."



Comments