Threads Of Love

A friend of mine had a baby a couple weeks ago, and she brought her to the women's meeting at church last night. This was the first time I had gotten to see her in person(I had seen pictures). There is just something so miraculous about the birth of a baby.

I remember when my friend first announced that she was pregnant. The joy I felt inside of me was incredible. She and her husband had just gotten married a year before and this little baby was a result of their love. I can recall how happy I and my whole church family felt for them.

Over the next nine months we prayed for them. Followed her progress. Marveled over the Ultra Sound pictures and rejoiced when we found out the baby was going to be a little girl. My friends husband was so hoping for a girl, probably because he came from a family of four boys and one girl. So, we were so happy for them when they got this news. We watched as Baby Olivia Joy grew in her mommy's tummy. We prayed as my friend found that she had gestational diabetes, that all would be well with them both. As her due date approached, we prayed the delivery would be smooth, and when the day came for Olivia Joy to be born we were updated throughout the labor. Their family was with them and their church family was praying.

I feel such a joy and privilege to have been part of this birthing process. To know this child is so loved, so wanted, so beautiful, just makes me want to sing God's praises. I just feel I need to thank Him for allowing me to bear witness to His Amazing love. I Thank Him for placing Olivia Joy with a loving, caring, God fearing family and grateful she was born into an extended church family that will help guide her as she grows up in the Lord.

I am posting this because I have come to the point in my life where I don't want to take anything for granted. God's orchestration of events in our lives have deep deep meaning. Babies are born every day and yet we give them very little thought. But the fact is, they are all beautiful little image bearers of Christ. Yet some never get the chance to be born. Their mommy's aren't seeing them as they really are and they are snuffed out before ever being given the chance to love or be loved.

God's word says in Psalm 139 that "All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." also, "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mothers womb." Its very clear that we were thought of and planned before we were ever conceived. on the day of conception God began the knitting of our earthly body's as we grew inside the protective secret place of the womb. Think about this for a moment. As a baby grows we can't see the process because baby is hidden away, being formed by the Almighty Himself. Every detail was carefully sculpted and developed by God's own hands. We all started out the same way. Every human being goes through this process. On the day of our earthly birth we are just as we should be.

It's our responsibility as Christians to see to it that we love all of Gods children, love the mothers, love the fathers, and love each other with all our hearts and through the eyes of Christ. We all start out the same way... Every life is precious to God, every life has a purpose. When we see teens walking the streets with there pants hanging and boxers showing we are so quick to judge, when we see a homeless man all dirty and begging for food we so often just look the other way and drive right by. A child throwing a tempertantrum in the middle of the grocery store, do we stop and pray for that mother and her chid or is our first reaction" well he sure is a spoiled brat!" When we see an obviously anorexic or obese person we tend analyse that they must have some kind of problem not our problem... and we shy away, or a handicapped person sitting alone, how often do we befriend them. What about the drug addict who steals for his next fix or a murderer or rapist. Can we look upon them with Jesus' eyes? They too started out the same as us. They too are called to be part of Gods family. We all start out the same way, but unfortunately due to the brokenness of this world, other people, and circumstances, we get blown way off the course that God has planned for us.

My challenge to all who are reading this is...Stop, take time to see people as Jesus did. Pray for those people that come into your path. Know they are just like me and you. Take nothing for granted. Picture them as a little baby. They were once you know. And above all show love. Love is the thread that holds us together, individually and collectively. Love never fails, Love covers a multitude of sins, Love is our highest aim. God is love...So choose love. Start today and see what happens. I can guarantee powerful results!

From now on, we regard no one from a worldly point of view (2 Corinthians 5:16).

Comments