Angels Among Us

I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in thy way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.-Exodus 23:20

Before God created the earth and us, He created the Angels, spirit beings made to help our Lord. Coming across this promise got me thinking of all the times God has put people in my path at just the right time when I needed direction. Yep...I bet those were his Angels in human form at the time.

A few years back, my situation seemed very hopeless. My marriage was falling apart, my oldest son at 18, was involved with drugs and in and out of jail, My middle son was suffering as of yet undiagnosed mental illness and I was trying to hold my quickly deteriorating family together on my own. Feeling overwhelmed and hopeless, I didn't know what to do or where to turn. At that time I didn't belong to a church and I had very few friends. My relationship with God was very one sided, I didn't know much about Jesus and salvation or what that meant.

One Sunday my Mother-in-law invited me to come to this church with her, She had just started going and thought I would enjoy it. I went, the people were very friendly and made me feel welcome. Looking back I think God used his Angels through my Mother-in-law and those people.

Then a week later when I returned to the church, the pastors wife came to me, she showed genuine interest in getting to know me and I felt like my one sided prayers were answered. Finally someone who wanted to listen. She met with me and listened to my story, She explained Jesus and His love for me. She went out of her way to make herself available to me and eventually I was led to living my life for Jesus through her. Yes! definitely another Angel situation.

When my son was diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder, God sent other people suffering mental illness into our lives to help us understand the disease, help us be more accepting. Showed us the resources available to help our son.

When I suffered depression God sent people to pull me out. When I had to separate from my husband God sent me a support system of friends via my new found church.

When my son was just about ready to buy heroin to get high, God sent an Angel in the form of an undercover police officer to head him off. He was arrested that day...and it was the last time he ever sought drugs again because in the process of jail and recovery this time God showed himself to my Son and he accepted Christ.

I could go on and on. Take some time to think about all the times an Angel interceded in your life. Maybe you never thought of them as Angels, but God clearly promises that He will send His Angels to to guide our paths on the way to the place He has prepared.

Thank You Dear Father, for loving us so much that you have every aspect of our lives covered. You know our needs before even we do and You have set in place an army of Angels to help see us though this life. Thank You that we can 100% count on You to meet our needs. Help us to trust that You are in control. What an assurance You give to Your children. May our faith in You grow and may we recognize and appreciate those Angels You have placed in our lives...Amen

Comments