Set Apart and Special

I was reading in Galatians this morning about how Paul was called by God, from being a persecutor of Christians to a promoter of the Gospel of Christ. Paul was writing to the people of Galatia, describing the transformation that God made in his life. He told them that he was set apart from birth by God for this specific time. This got me thinking. God has so very uniquely created each one of us. we are ALL set apart for something special by God. Something that he has planned for us before we were born. Picture this for a minute. Every single person was fashioned and designed for a purpose. Every person plays a role in shaping God's kingdom. We were intended for something, each one of us.

So how will we know what our purpose is? It struck me that life floats by so quickly, and if we are not careful and we get too caught up in life's flow, that we risk the chance of missing our very purpose of being here.

It also hit me that when God finally got Paul's attention, Paul responded to God's call. What if Paul would have ignored it? We need to take heed to this lest we get so caught up in our own lives that we miss what God has for us.

To know what God created us for, we must be attentive to Him, we must be listening for his call and when we hear it, and this is probably the most important part of the message, we must obey and follow his call.

Has there ever been a time that you felt God's call on your life? Did you follow his call or did your shrug it off? What happened?

For me, I am hearing God's call on my life to write and to be an encourager, I never thought of myself as a writer, but I have decided to follow this calling. I am writing as much as I can and trying to learn as much as I can about how I can hone my skills in this area. I hope you'll follow mwe through this journey and pray for me along the way, that I may glorify God and make His name famous in all I do...And I will do the same for you!

What is God calling you to do?

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for making each of us special. For appointing each one with a specific job in your kingdom. For the opportunity to serve You in spreading Your word and for loving us so much.
Help us to be attentive to your call, to obey when we hear, and to take on the challenge of Your work with all we've got. Help us to recognize and remove all obstacles that are keeping us from achieving what You have set us apart to do. Thank You and I love You. Amen

Comments