A Heart for Jesus

I was thinking about my walk with Jesus. How I asked Him into my heart, wondering what would happen next. Really I couldn't imagine that He would want to invest all the time I thought it would take to fix me. I decided that day though, that I was willing to give my heart to him because I knew I wasn't getting anywhere on my own. I was like one of those fix it upper houses that you just never got around to because the work seems so extensive and overwhelming. So every time I'd start to tackle an issue, it would just be too big and I'd give up. By the time I let Jesus take over the renovations, my heart was in terrible disrepair, dilapidated, peeling, musty, and dirty. Well let me tell you. Jesus set to work immediately! It didn't happen over night, but little by little, my wreck of a heart began to actually look like a heart again. it's been about 3 years now since that day. I am amazed at the work he has done. I wrote this poem to remember from where I came, where I am now! Also to encourage anyone who is in need of a renovation of the heart! Thank You Jesus, my Master Architect!

Mary

Home Sweet Home

I made a little home for Him
Deep within my heart.
There wasn't much to work with
Cuz it was broken all apart.

But from the day He entered in...
That meager little home,
Transformed from a ram shackled hut
To a castle made of precious stone.

He cleared out all the garbage,
Swept the floors all clean,
Removed every cobweb,
Making His new home just gleam!

With all these renovations
Taking place inside
Something began to happen
To the place He now abides.

The inner beauty, He created
Grew from the inside out.
His unmistakable workmanship
Became due cause to shout!

If Jesus can make even me
Into a castle grand,
Then surely you should let Him in
To be made over by His hand!

So invite the Master Architect
Into your heart today
There is nothing that He can't restore
Into a place He'll want to stay.

Everyone will marvel
At the wonders He has done
Redeeming what was once a dump
To a mansion shining in the sun!

Comments