On My Knees...

There have been so many times I've found myself on my knees before God. Lost would be the best description of how I've felt in those times. As I have spoken with others about their own life struggles I realize I am not alone. We all feel lost sometimes. Life can become so confusing,burdensome, chaotic, scary, and just plain overwhelming. In God's word, David The Psalmist, describes his despair and troubles from the depths of his heart. He lays it all before God, holding nothing back. David is considered a man after God's own heart. Why? I think because he was honest with God about who he was, He wasn't afraid of sharing his heart with God. He trusted That hi God would understand and take care of Him. David cried out to God in all situations. He praised God, he thanked God, he sought God and he worshipped God. David was far from perfect and yet God chose him as King over His people.

God is not looking for perfect little robot people, He's looking for our hearts. He wants ALL of us. He wants to be our life force. When you think about it, we really can't do much of anything without Him. But with Him He gives us strength to do ALL things.

Thank You Lord for wanting us just as we are, I thank You that we don't have to be perfect before we come to You, but that You will guide us on the journey of perfection as we put our trust in You. Meet us where we are today. Take our hand and lead us in Your ways. Amen

Take some time today to write your own Psalm to God, pour out your heart to Him, and watch as He takes what you give to Him and makes something good from it. He loves you. He wants you. He knows you, and He sees you. Give it a try!

Blessings,

Mary

Here I am Lord,
On my knees
Hands outstretched,
Crying out
Desiring more of You.
Pour into me Your Spirit Lord,
fill me up to overflowing.
I surrender all I am
for You to use.
Take me and make me
into what you'll have me be.
Empty all the garbage
from my heart.
Erase the fear,
The pride and shame
Replacing them with
Love's bright flame.
Igniting a fresh fire
deep within.

Comments