Busy, Busy, Busy

Busy, busy, busy this seems to be every ones status these days. Autumn days send us into a frenzy. Much like squirrels scurrying about collecting nuts for the winter, we two legged creatures do much the same thing. I guess being a mother, I will always associate Fall with back to school. The days get shorter, but our list of things to do gets longer. Gone are the long lazy days of summer. Our focus is on cleaning up, readying for winters chill, homework , switching clothes, school shopping, church and other social functions start back up and there just seem to be activities galore. It is so easy to get caught up in doing. I am the kind of person that likes to take hold of every opportunity. I don't want to miss anything. The only problem with this is...When I have my hands in too many activities I am never very effective in any of them.

I begin to get frustrated and when this happens I can almost feel God's finger gently tapping my shoulder. "My child" He says, " I have a plan for you, but you are too busy doing all these other things to hear what it is." But God...I'm needed here and the church needs me there. The house needs cleaning and my friends want me to spend time with them. There's this class and that activity. Kids need rides, ministry and missions, fundraisers and family functions. There are just so many great things to be doing, and in and of themselves they are all good.

I think what I am realizing as I grow older is that I can not do all or be all to every thing or everyone. That's not my job....I believe only God can accomplish that. So I am feeling the need to pare down my life. Figure out just what it is that God is calling me to do and put my full efforts into that. How will I know for sure? Well, all I can figure is that frustration will have no part in Gods plan, I will know because God will take it and bless it and prosper His plans. This passage in Jeremiah tells me so. Also notice the last part about bringing us back from captivity. For me captivity is all the things that hinder me from doing the things He has set out for me to do. This passage is full of promises and also gives the resolution...Pray and seek God with all your heart, then He will be found by us. How cool is that?

Jeremiah 29:11-14 "For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.You will seek me, and find me when you seek me with all your heart.I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."

Comments